I'll post this here, a little analysis of a poem jerry wrote (reproduced below from its revised form on twitter for those who have yet to read it) U / U / 1 Ｔｈｅ ｈｏｂｂｉｔ Ｋｉｎｇ U / u / 2 Ｗｉｌｌ ｓｕｃｋ ｙｏｕｒ ｄｉｃｋ U / U / 3 Ｉｆ ｏｎ ｔｈｅ ｆａ ｖ U / U / 4 Ｔｈｉｓ ｐｏｓｔ ｙｏｕ ｃｌｉｃｋ / / / U 5 Ｂｕｔ ｄｏｎｔ ｓａｙ ｔｈｅ / U / 6 ｋｉｎｇ ｉｓ ｍｅ U / U / 7ｏｒ ｉｎ ｙｏｕｒ ｍｏｕｔｈ U / U / 8 ｍｙ ｐｉｓｓ ｗｉｌｌ ｂｅ Jerry intentionally varies the meter on line 5. My personal preference would be U / U / but do not say U / U / the king is me which preserves the iambic dimeter, but I also like the stylistic choice of changing the meter here emphasizing the implied threat to the reader while also setting up the ironic conclusion where it becomes obvious the writer is in fact the aforementioned "hobbit king".
- hey guys here's some ants I saw. Reminded me of all you cool guys!!! https://photos.app.goo.gl/rbqnlFVZp4f2hyu92
- man i've always wanted to join, and i finally did it! is there a programmers bloard I can go to???
- derek I think they're like half price here, but I got an AEG dryer for 50 Euros used, which is why it's broken probably
- dude the prince has all the royal privileges but no responsibilities....
- wow lots of good feedback. we do have one of those clothes hangy things so it might be a while before we bother repairing the dryer lol
- my no irony post is that I don't know what I'm going to do with my life. I think I have too many options which makes everything hard to figure out.
- that's cool to be young. to be honest it kind of sucks to be that young because you are full of potential but have few accomplishments. not a lot of skills or money or career capital. and you feel emotions really strongly which is hard. just try not to destroy yourself and do something that will set you up for later.
- Cuz I've got one baby!!!! It's used so it's not under warranty.👺
- that's a lotta electrolytes
- sorry guys still haven't fixed the dryer. i bought a multimeter though to test out the cables
- I thought the no-irony thread would have extra irony...
- thanks kingdad for the support
- thx moog. it doesn't start at all which probably means the thermal fuse was tripped or something
- RIP bug data. Hope you're feeling better now.